Inspecting and Indentifying Hail Damage
A thunderstorm rolls into your city, and it brings with it complete chaos. There are several different features of a thunderstorm that can affect your home. The high winds can blow away solid structures. The heavy rains can cause major flooding, and the hail damage can do irreversible damage to your roof and other home features.
Out of all of these, hail damage can be the most destructive and the most difficult to avoid. When it comes to protecting your home from hail damage, the key is to have a great after plan. After hail falls and hits your roof, the real damage begins.
Hail damage can lead to other serious home repairs such as:
If you ignore these hail damages, other serious home problems can begin to arise. The trick is to repair your roof quickly and professional. It is recommended that you have your roof inspected by a professional roofing contractor to ensure that there are no signs of hail damage.
How to Spot Hail Damage:
Depend on the size of the hail that falls, determines the amount and the size of the destruction done to your home. Even if small pelts of hail are hitting your roof rapidly, the damage can be great. Here are some tips for identifying hail damage around your home.
- Look For Dented Metal – There are metal features all around your home. The gutters of your roof are often made of metal. You might even have a roof that is made completely of metal. When you are trying to spot hail damage on your roof, look for dents in the metal features. If these features have been affected, chances are your roof has been too.
- Examine The Top Of Your Roof – This is where spotting hail damage gets tricky. Hail damage to your roof maybe highly evident or impossible to see depending on what type of roof you have on your home. We have already said that hail damage is easily spotted on metal roofs, but it can be difficult to see hail damage on shingle or clay tile roofs.
- Consult A Professional – If you can’t spot any hail damage on your house right away, but you still thing there might be some, consult a professional home inspector. Insurance companies will require your home to be inspected by a professional insurance claims agency before the claim is filed.
The Importance of Hiring a Professional for Inspecting Your Roof:
When a recent thunderstorm with a large amount of hail has recently rolled into your area, the best thing you can do is to have your roof inspected for hail damage by a professional roofer. Even if you do not see any visible damage, these professionals have trained eyes to spot any signs of hail damage. Here are some important reasons to hire a professional roofer.
- They are experienced in inspecting, identifying and repairing hail damaged roofs.
- Repairing hail damage by yourself can lead to other roofing and home problems.
- Smaller hail damage that created by hail that is less than an inch will be more difficult to identify.
- A professional will provide affordable solutions to repairing your hail damaged home.